Followers

Friday, January 3, 2014

The Skaters

Wow first post for 2014 and it is nice to be inside as it is freezing outside.  We have not had a winter as cold as this for quite a few years.  We were so lucky that we didn't lose our power in the ice storm.  Many of our friends were without power for several days, not very pleasant with no heat or water.  Because it is so cold my next card is a reminder that it is still winter here!

I have created this card using a sketch from Mojo Monday I did a bit of flipping of the original and this is what I came up with:

Original -                                                          

My Version - 

I chose the square card -


I coloured the image from Sassy Cheryl's with copics.  adding some silver glitter from Recollections to the falling snow, the ice and around the edge of the oval.  The pink DP is from Recollections and so are the Dimensional Sticker snowflakes.  The grey\blue DP is from Cardmaking and Papercrafting Magazine.

I was able to pick up some of the shine from the glitter on the oval and from the snowflakes.

I am entering this winter card into the following challenges:

One Crazy Stamper             Anything Goes

6 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Good Morning Jackie, I love your card, so merry and the image and colouring are gorgeous, great design to. Thanks for joining in at CCAYR and good luck with the challenge, Kate x

Hazel said...

What a beautiful image - delightful card - thanks for sharing this for CCAYR December anything goes challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too. x

Leanne said...

What a colored genius you are. The one skater just pops, draws your eye for sure. The sparkle on this card, nice touch! Thanks for playing our Anything Goes Challenge at One Crazy Stamper, lovely!

Leanne DT@OCS!

Deanne Saunders said...

Soooo cute! Thanks so much for participating in our CRAFTYHAZELNUT CHRISTMAS EXTRA challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering this lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for January - hope to see you again soon x

Shari said...

Super cute card and image - your coloring looks great!! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper.