Followers

Monday, March 9, 2015

Hockey for Fun

Well away again from my blog for a week or more as life does get in the way sometimes,with appointments, hubby having a bad week  and family visits.  Hopefully things will go smoother this week and I will be able to get caught up with making comments and maybe getting a few more cards made.

The card for to-day is a digital image from Kenny K (always enjoy his images.)  Most hockey players that play on local men's hockey teams often wish they had made it to the big leagues.  So when I was trying to figure out what to put on the front of the card beside the image, I noticed a note pad on my desk that had these very light images in the background and decided that would be the perfect backdrop! So I placed that behind the digital image on a slant and then placed the sentiment at the top and the bottom on the same slant. Sentiments from Me and My Big Ideas.  Stars from my stash.



I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Clear It Out Anything goes / stash AG March
Cards Galore Anything Goes March
Crafting By Design Anything Goes March
Crafting From the Heart #50 Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage 35 Not Quite straight
Creative Fingers March Anything Goes







11 comments:

Loz said...

This is Fantastic Jackie and the image in the background is fantastic and sets off the card perfectly. Perfect for a Boy/Man..loz

Sandy How said...

What a clever use of your note pad! Fab male card, I like his tough expression, lol. Thanks for popping in to my blog. I once had 13 pens all run out around the same time and had them refilled at the craft shop and they overfilled every one of them. I was so frustrated and ruined lots of images. Filling your own is a much better option.
Hugs,
Sandy

Anet van Zyl said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a great card for a guy. I love the faded image in the background.
Hugs,
Teresa

Eileen Dobson said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us over at Creative Craft Cottage.

Deborah Artliff said...

Hi Jackie what a great card I love the image and the design is wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at creative craft cottage.

Debs xx
{Debs Cards– my personal blog}

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE your boyish card, the image is gorgeous and lovely colours to compliment it....have a great weekend...xx aNNie
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Mavis Burnham said...

Great man card Jackie. The background image goes so well with your Kenny K image. Great colours!

trisha too said...

What a look that fellow has--definitely has his game face one!

Very cute card, Jackie!

:)

Gemma said...

Great card
Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything goes for March challenge #3
Good luck
Gemma xx

Marilyn said...

What a tough little hockey dude. The background image you used is absolutely perfect!