Followers

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Blue Goddess

This image is just one of a series of four that I purchased from TLC.  I was wondering what I should use as a sentiment on the card when I received a thank you for another purchase from TLC which included the lovely rose sentiment which I think is just perfect for this card!  "The ROSE reserved for goddesses".



The colors are based on The Inspiration Progressive Challenge at CDAC from this photo:

This challenge runs April 1st – June 30th (midnight PST).
The Challenge Inspiration is...

The image is colored with copics.  I cut around the frame of the image and mounted it on colored cardstock layers.  I added some lace and a ribbon flower from my stash.  I colored the beige flower with my copics to try to match my other colors.

Every year in June I go golfing with a group of friends, I think there will be 12 this year to Forest, Ontario.  On one of the holes there are several Wild Rose Bushes that are just like the roses on the image above, except they are a nice shade of pink rather than the blue that I colored them.  I am going next week for three days, so hope they are still there. 

I am entering this card in the following challenges:               

9 comments:

Tlc Creations said...

Wow.....just gorgeous....love how you colored the image.
Paulette

In paper heaven said...

Beautiful vintage looking card. Thanks for playing the Inspirational Challenge at CDAC.
Loretta,CDAC-DT

NanaConnie said...

Stunning, Jackie! What a fantastic use of the colors. I adore vintage and this one really grabs me. :-D

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous Jackie! Love the image and the colors. Perfect for the Inspiration Challenge :)
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

Rachel said...

What a beautifull card! Thank you for joining our first challenge at Crafty Friends....hope you join us again!
Rachel xx

Creative Genie said...

Jackie, your card is absolutely lovely. Such a beautiful image and wonderful coloring. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CDAC!

Christine - CDAC DT

Mavis Burnham said...

I love the image Jackie and the background suits it to a tee.(pun intended)The sentiment fits just perfectly. Not sure the weather is cooperating for you golf this week though.

Ms Scrapmess said...

Wonderful card! Thank you for joing us at The Rubber Buggy:)

Meg Farris said...

Love the card! Thank you for playing in this CDAC Challenge. Meg, Member of the CDAC DT.